Cornell's Faculty & Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) provides professional counseling and support tailored to meet the unique needs of Cornell employees.
Our services are designed to help you manage the struggles that come with life and work. Whether you need help navigating a personal or professional situation or relationship, or are dealing with a more acute mental health concern, our staff can provide support and insight, and help you get the care you need.
Services are ...
- Available to benefits-eligible faculty and staff members (including those on layoff status), postdoctoral fellows and associates, visiting scholars, retirees, and their partners/spouses
- Confidential (see how we protect your confidentiality)
- Professional (meet our staff here)
- Free (provided as a benefit of the university)
- Specialized to meet the unique needs of Cornell's faculty and staff members
- Welcoming to clients from all backgrounds and cultures
FSAP offers phone, Zoom video, and limited in-person counseling. In-person appointments are available on Wednesdays and Fridays at our Collegetown office. Couples' counseling continues to be available to those who are physically located in New York State by phone and Zoom. In-person couples' counseling is available at each counselor's discretion due to physical distancing limitations at our Collegetown office.
More on Telehealth services:
FSAP continues to provide counseling and support services by phone and Zoom.
Clients making a telehealth appointment for the first time should specify their appointment type preference (phone or Zoom) at the time of scheduling. First-time clients will be corresponded with about what to expect from their telehealth session.
Telehealth sessions are only allowable for clients who are physically located in New York State. We encourage you to please reach out to our office at 607-255-2673 with questions or concerns, and/or to contact eni Confidential Counseling Services for referrals in your area.
- Assessments to help determine your needs, and connect you with continued counseling and/or other campus and community resources
- Phone consultation for supervisors, managers, and others who are concerned about an employee or workplace situation
- 24/7 phone consultation for employees with urgent mental health concerns (607-255-2673)
- One-on-one counseling for assistance with work-related or personal concerns
- Couples counseling for benefits-eligible employees and their spouses / partners
- Group counseling: see current group counseling offerings.
- Clients are eligible for up to 10 counseling sessions within a calendar year; referrals to local providers can be made for those who want longer term counseling
Crisis response & community support:
- Assistance to members of the Cornell community affected by crisis, as part of the university's coordinated crisis-response system
- Collaboration with university leadership and departments, while protecting confidentiality and privacy
- Participation in university committees responsible for threat assessment and emergency planning
How to get care
Call us at 607-255-2673 Monday–Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm to schedule an appointment.
You may also email us at email@example.com. However, please keep in mind that email is not a secure form of communication, and is not appropriate for confidential or sensitive information.
Visit our Appointments page for more information about appointment types, locations we offer, and what to expect when you meet with an FSAP counselor.