Faculty and staff members who have retired from Cornell continue to be important members of the Cornell community. We care about your health and well-being and encourage you to turn to FSAP when a consultation with a confidential resource may be helpful. Many retired staff and faculty benefit from FSAP services. They consult on a wide range of issues including:
- Anxiety, depression, or bewilderment related to change in identity or lifestyle
- New responsibilities for children or grandchildren
- Issues or opportunities requiring change or relocation
- Financial worries
- Alcohol or other drug issues
- Concerns related to health problems
- Diminished independence with aging
- Challenges taking care of an ill spouse/partner
- Loss and grief
Talking over such issues with an FSAP member can provide a different perspective, introduce new strategies and resources, and even help you gain some peace of mind.
Programs and services for retired faculty and staff
Cornell offers a number of benefits and opportunities for retirees to support their well-being and keep them engaged in the community. Visit the Human Resources website to learn more.